Housing Attorney – Legal Aid of Arkansas – Springdale
Posted on June 11, 2014
Legal Aid of Arkansas (LAA) is a public interest, not-for-profit law firm dedicated to assuring equal access to justice in civil matters for low income Arkansans.
We are seeking an attorney to be in our housing work group. This position is funded by proceeds from the joint state-federal foreclosure settlement agreement. The attorney will represent clients in a variety of housing matters, which include but are not limited to foreclosure defense, loss mitigation, tenants’ rights, eviction defense, and other matters that affect the ability to access and maintain safe and affordable housing.
Job duties will include, but are not limited to:
– Representing clients in all levels of a case, including negotiations, administrative hearings, trial, and appeal
– Conducting legal research
– Drafting pleadings and correspondence
– Working with community partners to develop resources and strategies for protecting homeowners and tenants
– Conducting intakes and interviews for applicants seeking legal assistance
– Arkansas state bar admission or eligibility for reciprocity in Arkansas.
– Familiarity with federal regulations affecting homeowner and tenant rights and public housing
– Strong legal writing skills
– Trial court experience
– Ability to maintain good community relationships
– Driver’s license and ability to travel throughout Arkansas to represent clients
If interested, please send resume to Lee Richardson, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary DOE. Legal Aid of Arkansas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.