Staff Attorney – Legal Aid of Arkansas – Newport/Batesville office
Posted on June 11, 2014
Legal Aid of Arkansas (LAA) is a public interest, not-for-profit law firm dedicated to assuring equal access to justice in civil matters for low income Arkansans.
We are seeking a staff attorney for our Newport/Batesville office. The attorney will represent clients in a variety of civil legal issues and be an integrated member of one of our substantive law work groups at LAA.
Job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Representing clients in all levels of a case, including negotiations, administrative hearings, trial, and appeal
- Conducting legal research
- Drafting pleadings and correspondence
- Working with community partners and conducting community legal education and outreach
- Conducting interviews for applicants seeking legal assistance, including staffing shifts on the LAA HelpLine
- Arkansas bar admission, eligibility for reciprocity, or will sit for July, 2014 bar exam
- Knowledge of civil legal issues impacting low-income Arkansans
- Strong legal writing skills
- Trial court experience or desire to litigate
- Ability to maintain good community relationships
- Driver’s license and ability to travel to represent clients
If interested, please send resume to Lee Richardson, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary $40,800 plus, DOE, with excellent benefits. Legal Aid of Arkansas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.