The following list describes some of the positions currently held by recent (2011-2014) LL.M. Students/Alumni:
- Many of our alumni have been employed by the federal government, working for agencies and as advisors to members of Congress. Both the U.S. House and Senate Agriculture Committees’ legal staffs have included our alumni. During the recent farm bill negotiations, both the majority and the minority on the Senate Agriculture Committee were advised by LL.M. alumni. State agencies iluding departments of agriculture, natural resources, and environmental quality as well as attorney general’s offices have also employed our graduates.
- Our alumni have worked for advocacy groups, trade associations, and non-profit organizations, serving agricultural, consumer, and environmental interests.
- In practice, Agricultural Law Program alumni have worked both in the private firm setting (with small, mid-size and large firms) and as corporate counsel to agribusiness.
- And, our alumni have been found in academia, teaching at law schools, undergraduate colleges, through the extension service, and at community colleges.
The following list describes some of the positions currently held by recent (2011- 2014) LL.M. Students/Alumni:
- Associate Attorney, Bassett Law Firm (Fayetteville, AR)
- Program Manager, Hunger Initiatives, National Council on Aging (Washington, D.C.)
- Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Arkansas School of Law (Fayetteville, AR)
- Associate Attorney, Stoel Rives LLP (Seattle, WA)
- Executive Director, Ten Rivers Food Web (Portland, Oregon)
- Corporate Counsel, Tyson Foods, Inc. Legal Department (Springdale, AR)
- African Trade Development Specialist, Arkansas World Trade Center (Rogers, AR)
- Fellow, Food Law & Policy Clinic, Harvard Law School (Boston, MA)
- Staff Attorney, North Carolina General Assembly Research Division (Raleigh, NC)
- Attorney, The Food Law Firm (Sag Harbor, NY)
- Associate Attorney, Adams and Reese (Jackson, MS)
- Senior Counsel, AdvoCare International, LP (Dallas, TX)
- Associate Attorney, Browning, Kaleczyc, Berry, & Hoven P.C (Helena, Montana)
- Apprentice, Green Meadows Farm (Grafton, VT)
- Contract Management Specialist, Philips (Moscow, Russia)
- Director, The Fisheries Law Centre (Vancouver, B.C)
- Associate Attorney, Banks Law Firm PLLC (Little Rock, AR)
- Professor of Law, University of Missouri School of Law (Columbia, MO)
- Assistant U.S. Attorney (Little Rock, AR)
- Food Safety Manager, Walmart Home Office (Bentonville, AR)
- Associate Attorney, North Carolina General Assembly Health & Public Assistance Section (Raleigh, NC)
- Consultant, International Finance Corporation (San Francisco, CA)
- Attorney/Partner, McFarland, Pyle and Stone (Portland, OR)
- Senior Director, Environmental Health and Safety, Real Estate, Walmart Home Office (Bentonville, AR)
- Senior Director of Customs and Industry Compliance, Retail Industry Leaders Association (Arlington, VA)
- Attorney, Lucas County Common Pleas Court (Toledo, OH)
- Assistant to the Administrator, USDA Risk Management Agency (Washington, D.C.)
- Counsel, Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry (Washington, D.C.)
- Dean and Director, Institute of Agricultural and Food Law, Yeungnam University, (Gyeongsan, Republic of Korea)
- Associate, DLA Piper (St. Petersburg, Russia)
- Senior Advisor and Counsel, US Senator John Walsh (Washington, D.C.)
- Attorney, Farm and Food Law L.L.C. (Denver, CO)
- California Sea Grant Fellow, California State Lands Commission (Sacramento, CA)
- Staff Attorney & Visiting Research Professor of Law, University of Arkansas School of Law, Indigenous Food & Agriculture Initiative (Fayetteville, AR)
- Manager, Programs; Responsible Sourcing at Walmart Home Office (Bentonville, AR)
The LL.M. Program maintains a blog that lists job opportunities for professional positions involved with agriculture or food law and policy.
Additional information about agricultural law activities and careers can be found on our blog at agfoodllm.com.