Law Review Symposium
The University of Arkansas School of Law, in conjunction with the Arkansas Law Review, hosts an annual Arkansas Law Review Symposium. The one-day event is designed to explore an area of the law from many perspectives. Guest scholars from institutions around the nation are invited to participate in panel discussions and contribute to the symposium issue of the Arkansas Law Review.
Symposium attendance is free of charge and may be used as continuing legal education credit. Previous events have been worth up to 6.75 general CLE hours.
A registration link, speaker bios and CLE details will be added as they are available. Please check back regularly for updates or email email@example.com with questions.
2017-18: Environmental Sustainability and Private Governance
October 27, 2017 from 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Academic Keynote: Mike Vandenbergh, Vanderbilt Law School
Vandenbergh was a guest on the School of Law's podcast, Conversations with the Academy in May. You can find that episode and all the others on the Conversations with the Academy page.
Business Keynote: Laura Phillips, Senior Vice President, Sustainability, Walmart
- Panel: Agriculture & Food
- Marty Matlock - Professor and Executive Director of Office of Sustainability, University of Arkansas (moderator)
- Peter Appel - Professor, University of Georgia School of Law
- Kevin Igli - Senior Vice President and Chief Environmental, Health and Safety Officer for Tyson Foods, Inc.
- Chisara Ehiemere - Business Director, Field to Market
- Stephanie Tai - Professor, University of Wisconsin School of Law
- Panel: Energy & Climate Change
- Sara Gosman - Assistant Professor, University of Arkansas School of Law (moderator)
- Steve Chriss - Director, Energy and Strategy Analysis, Walmart
- Monika Ehrman - Associate Professor, University of Oklahoma College of Law
- Alice Kaswan - Professor, University of San Francisco School of Law
- Tara Righetti - Assistant Professor, University of Wyoming School of Law
- Panel: Retail and Supply Chain Management
- Jon Johnson - Professor, Walton College of Business, University of Arkansas (moderator)
- Jenny Ahlen - Director, Supply Chain, EDF+Business
- Brian Fugate - Professor, Walton College of Business, University of Arkansas
- Jeff Rice - Vice President, Responsible Sourcing, Walmart
- Mark Spears - Director of Sustainable Business Practices, Disney Consumer Products (Retired)
- Panel: Governance Themes
- Moderator TBD
- David Dana - Professor, Northwestern School of Law
- Josh Galperin - Research Scholar, Yale Law School
- Lee Paddock - Associate Dean, Environmental Law Studies, George Washington University Law School
- Cassie Phillips - Director, Private Environmental Governance Initiative, Environmental Law Institute
More details to come!
- 2016-17: The Future of the Death Penalty
- Friday, October 21, 2016
- 2015-16: State Constitutional Change: Traditions, Trends and Theory
- Friday, Jan. 22, 2016
- 2014-15: 75th Anniversary of the Arkansas Conservation Act
- Friday, Oct. 17, 2014
- 2012-13: The Mortgage Foreclosure Crisis
- Nov. 9, 2012
- 2011-12: The Intersection of Facebook and the Law
- Nov. 4, 2011
- 2009-10: Arkansas Initiated Act 1 of 2008
- Nov. 5, 2009
- 200-01: Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Feb. 9, 2001