The Community Life Committee at the School of Law is made up of faculty, staff, and students. The committee sponsors various events throughout the academic year, including:
- a Thanksgiving food drive that benefits area food banks
- a holiday gift drive in December
- the Staff Appreciation Luncheon, which is open to the entire law school community
- service projects
- social events
We had a very successful Fall 2012 semester thanks to the generosity of the law school community.
In October, we held the Third Annual “Pink the Rink” event in conjunction with the Razorback Hockey Team. A combination of t-shirt sales and proceeds from the silent auction netted over $700 to benefit Susan G. Komen – Ozark.
In November, we held our annual Thanksgiving Food Drive. With some exciting competitions in the 1L class and the Law School Legal Clinic, we managed to get a substantial amount of food donated. Well over 20 boxes of food were delivered to EOA Children’s House in Springdale and other food banks in Fayetteville.
For the CASA Holiday Toy Drive in December, we collected donations and provided toys for over 40 children.
Please check this website throughout the academic year for information on events and other announcements.
If you have an idea for projects or events, or a suggestion on how to improve the law school’s quality of life, please contact a committee member.
- Kathryn A. Sampson, Chair
- Associate Clinical Professor and Director of Competitions and Capstone Courses
- Chauncey Brummer (Fall 2013)
- Annie Smith
- Assistant Professor and Civil Clinic Director
- McGee Clopper
- Communications and Development Specialist
- Eric McCauley
- Program Support Specialist
- Alice Havner
- Candidate for Juris Doctor 2015