Applications are open! We are excited to announce our third annual Summer Leadership Summit for Native Youth in Food & Agriculture at the University of Arkansas School of Law. The Summit will begin in July, and it’s time to start the application process.
Students who wish to apply must:
- be American Indian, Alaska Native, or Native Hawaiian;
- be between the ages of 15 and 18;
- be passionate about food and agricultural production, and
- have the courage to lead their Tribes and communities into the future.
Please see the links below for the appropriate application form.
If you’re a college-aged student, please consider applying as a Student Leader. If you’re a returning student, please fill out an application to be a Summit Fellow. More details about the Fellows program can be found in the application, below.
Spaces are limited, so PLEASE APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
July 17-26, 2016 (this includes travel dates)
University of Arkansas School of Law in Fayetteville, Arkansas
Indigenous Food & Agriculture Initiative, University of Arkansas School of Law
Intertribal Agriculture Council
Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program, National Institute of Food and Agriculture, United States Department of Agriculture
Natural Resources Conservation Service, USDA
Southern Region Extension Risk Management Education Program
Cost to Attend
All food, lodging, instructional materials and field trip costs will be provided. Depending on the number of students, some travel scholarships will also be provided. However, we need applications as soon as possible to plan for travel needs.
How to Apply
More detailed information about the selection process can be found in the application forms.
- First time students: Complete the Student Application (Due April 11, 2016)
- Returning students: Complete the Summit Fellow Application (Due March 11, 2016)
- College-aged students: Complete the Student Leader Application (Due March 11, 2016)
Click the links above for .pdf copies of the applications. Need an email or print copy? No problem! Contact Emerald Hames on the IFAI staff at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call her at 479.575.5128.
The Summit 2016 staff can’t wait to read your applications! Apply as soon as possible. We hope to see you this summer!
IFAI Summit 2016 Staff