We’re excited to announce that applications are OPEN for our second annual Summer Leadership Summit for Native Youth in Food & Agriculture at the University of Arkansas School of Law! We are looking for student applications from American Indian, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian youth between the ages of 13 and 18 who are passionate about food and agricultural production and have the courage to lead their Tribes and communities into the future. Please see the links below for the appropriate application form!
If you’re a college-aged student, we hope you’ll consider putting an application in to be a Student Leader, and if you’re back for a second year as a student, please fill out an application to be a Summit Fellow. Details about the Fellows program can be found in that application below.
Spaces are limited, so PLEASE APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
- July 19 – July 28, 2015 (this includes travel dates)
- University of Arkansas School of Law, Fayetteville, Arkansas
- Indigenous Food & Agriculture Initiative, University of Arkansas School of Law
- Farm Credit
- Intertribal Agriculture Council
- National FFA Organization
- First Nations Development Institute
- Cost to attend
- All food, lodging, instructional materials, and field trip costs will be provided. Depending on the number of students, some travel scholarships will also be provided. However, we need applications as soon as possible to plan for travel needs.
The deadline for all applicants is June 1st, 2015.
1st time attendees: Complete the Student Application (download PDF)
2nd time attendees: Complete the Summit Fellow Application (download PDF)
College-aged: Complete the Student Leader Application (download PDF)
Click the links above for PDF copies of the applications. Need an email or print copy? No problem! Contact Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Summit 2015 staff can’t wait to read your applications! See you this summer!