Alumni Reunion Weekend
Each fall, the University of Arkansas School of Law, in conjunction with the Law Alumni Society, hosts Alumni Reunion Weekend. The event is a time for all alumni to come to campus and reunite as well as to make new friends and connections. The weekend includes a free CLE, reception with the dean, 50 year gala (for those celebrating their 50th reunion, or longer) and individual class celebrations.
All are welcome and encouraged to attend, and the classes that graduated in years ending with the same number as the current year as well as those celebrating their fifth reunion are featured at the reception.
“Leaders” are enlisted from each recognized class to help build excitement and attendance.
Photos from previous Alumni Reunion Weekends and details on the next celebration are below.
Alumni Reunion Weekend 2016 – October 21-22
Dean Stacy Leeds, the Law School staff, and the Law Alumni Society welcome you to the 2016 School of Law Reunion!
All law school alumni are invited to attend this fun weekend of reminiscing and reuniting.
For the 2016 Alumni Reunion Weekend, we are pleased to honor the following classes: 1966, 1976, 1986, 1996, 2006 and 2011.
Sponsored in part by Buddy Chadick and Stacey and Jan Sturner.
Friday, October 21, and Saturday, October 22
(will be updated as Reunion Weekend approaches)
Friday, October 21
- 8:30 a.m. Arkansas Law Review Symposium: "The Future of the Death Penalty" (6 hours CLE)
- 8:30 a.m. Symposium and Reunion Weekend Registration begins
- 4:30 p.m. tours of the law school
- 3:00 p.m. The final CLE of the day for the Arkansas Law Review Symposium.
- 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Dean’s All Alumni Reception in the Richard B. Atkinson memorial Courtyard. Guests will include reunion-goers and guests from all classes (including the featured classes), honorary guests from the 2016 graduating class, professors and friends. Dean Leeds will give a brief update on the state of the law school and a glimpse into future plans.
- 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Class of 1966 50-Year Banquet, University House (invitation only; black tie optional)
- 7:00 p.m. Individual reunion class events around Northwest Arkansas
Saturday, October 22
- 10:00 a.m. Crystal Bridges opportunities begin (choose when registering for Reunion Weekend)
- 10: 00 a.m. Guided Tour (approx. 90 minutes) with Dina Wood
- 10:15 a.m. Self-guided 15-minute tour of Frank Lloyd Wright house
- 10:30 a.m. Self-guided 15-minute tour of Frank Lloyd Wright house
- All day (starting at 10:00 a.m.) Limited number of "Art of American Dance" exhibit tickets
Northwest Arkansas offers a wide variety of activities. Some suggested actvities are listed below. For more information visit www.northwestarkansas.org.
- Arkansas Air Museum - 4290 S. School, Fayetteville - http://www.arkansasairandmilitary.com
- Arkansas Country Doctor Museum - 109 N. Starr Ave., Fayetteville - http://drmuseum.net
- Clinton House Museum - 930 W. Clinton Dr., Fayetteville - http://www.clintonhousemuseum.org
- Museum of Native American History - 202 SW “O” St., Bentonville - http://www.monah.us
- Scott Family Amazeum - 1009 Museum Way, Bentonville - http://www.amazeum.org
- Shiloh Museum of Ozark History - 118 W. Johnson Ave., Springdale - http://www.shilohmuseum.org
- Walmart Museum - 105 N. Main St., Bentonville - http://www.walmartmuseum.com
- Bentonville Famers Market - Downtown Bentonville - http://www.downtownbentonville.org/farmersmarket
- Fayetteville Farmers Market - Downtown Fayetteville Square - http://www.fayettevillefarmersmarket.org
- Rogers Farmers Market - Downtown Rogers - http://www.mainstreetrogers.com/farmers-market/
- Springdale Farmers Market - Intersection of E. Emma Ave./Highway 265 - http://www.springdalefarmersmarket.org
- Razorback Regional Greenway - https://www.nwatrails.org/trail/razorback-regional-greenway/
- Botanical Garden of the Ozarks - 4703 N. Crossover Rd., Fayetteville - http://bgozarks.org
- Compton Gardens - 312 N. Main St., Bentonville - http://www.peelcompton.org/compton/index.htm
- Fayetteville Ale Trail - http://fayettevillealetrail.com
Area hotels are listed for your convenience. They are included due to their proximity to campus. Placement on this list does not indicate endorsement by the School of Law.
While this is not a home football weekend, Reunion attendees are encouraged to reserve hotel rooms as early as possible.
Flying to Arkansas: Please note that our closest airport is the Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport (XNA) located in Bentonville, Arkansas, about 30 miles north of Fayetteville. The airport’s website has links to shuttles, taxi information and bus routes under the “trip planning” link.
Parking on Campus
Visit the university parking map for information on visitor parking. The university also has three parking garages on campus that charge an hourly rate: Garland Avenue Parking Garage, Stadium Drive Parking Garage and the Harmon Avenue Parking Garage. The university parking map indicates the garage locations.