Purpose: To develop a core long-standing advisory group to be in conversation with the Dean about current successes and challenges and to create a source for discretionary funds to be used to meet the immediate needs of the law school. For example: Critical needs such as building modifications to ensure student safety and academic success.
Funding: To jumpstart the Dean’s Circle initiative, we ask inaugural members of the Dean’s circle to:
- Pledge $10,000 over five years ($2,000 per year). This pool of select benefactors will establish the foundation of the Dean’s Circle going forward.
- Dean’s Circle members are valued advisors and supporters of the School of Law.
- Dean’s Circle meets once each year to enhance dialogue between the Dean’s Circle members, Dean and her executive committee. Annual reception to follow.
- Dean’s Circle members listed once each year in the School of Law newsletter, receive news flash information prior to publication to general alumni; and are asked to share thoughts in various polls throughout the year.
- Dean’s Circle members (due to gifts in excess of $2,000 per year) automatically are members of the Chancellor’s Society.