Law Student Wellness
The well-being of law students at the University of Arkansas School of Law is a foundational value of our law school community and crucial to law student success. The law school has worked alongside mental health professionals and the University of Arkansas School of Law Wellness student organization to gather a variety of resources for our law school community.
UARK Law “Wellness Wednesdays”
Join the law school community in “Wellness Wednesdays” on dedicated Wednesdays to take a break from classes or studying and unwind.
Upcoming Student Wellness Events
Beginning Monday, October 23rd, group counseling sessions will be available in room 336 from 12:00 - 12:50. Snacks will be provided. If you have any questions about these events, please contact Greneda Johnson, Director of Community and Engagement at email@example.com
Law Student Mental Health Resources
University of Arkansas Law In-House Counseling Services
The University of Arkansas School of Law in partnership with The Psychological Clinic on campus, is proud to offer on-site confidential and no cost therapy services for law students.
Arkansas Judges and Lawyer Assistance Program (JLAP)
- JLAP provides helpful resources from self-screening to mental health and well-being services offered online or in your region of the state.
- Contact information: Telephone: 501.907.2529 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Resources within the University of Arkansas Law School
- Counselor's Corner: Room 224 is open to law students and has business clothes, pantry items, and hygiene products available for students.
- Lactation/Nursing Room: Room 225 is a dedicated space for parents to feed or change their children.
- Family Study Room: Room 223 includes toys and games for kids, comfortable seating, and desk space for parents.
UA Wellness Resources
University of Arkansas Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Pat Walker Health Center's Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) is committed to supporting the University of Arkansas students with all mental health care needs. CAPS offers critical mental health services such as short-term individual counseling, group counseling, psychiatry, 24/7 emergency mental health services, and case management.
- CAPS programs and services are designed to meet the academic, developmental, remedial, and preventive needs of the university community. CAPS is also available to provide outreach presentations to faculty and staff as requested and available. Most services through CAPS are covered by the student health and wellness fee. Only some services, such as psychiatry, have minimal charges.
- University of Arkansas students who are interested in getting started with CAPS can walk in during business hours (Monday-Thursday 8AM-5PM or Friday 9AM-5PM) or call 479-575-5276 to discuss options. CAPS also offers 24-hour emergency mental health services for students, faculty and staff by calling 479-575-5276. Website: https://health.uark.edu/mental-health/index.php
- CAPS also offers 24-hour emergency mental health services for students, faculty and staff: https://health.uark.edu/mental-health/emergencies.php
University of Arkansas Psychology Clinic
- The Psychological Clinic works with community organizations such as the Department of Human Services, Women's Shelter, Juvenile Court System, Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS), private physicians, schools, and other service providers working within the legal and health care delivery systems of Northwest Arkansas.
- Website: https://fulbright.uark.edu/departments/psychological-science/psychological-clinic/index.php
Jane B. Gearhart Full Circle Food Pantry
- Student-led emergency food assistance program, serving anyone with a U of A or UAMS ID and their household: Students, staff and faculty, as well as temporary or hourly employees.
- Full Circle is located in Bud Walton Hall, the beige brick building between the stadium and the Union Parking Garage. The entrance to Full Circle is on the east side of the building directly across from the base of the Union Parking Garage.
- Food Pantry Contact Information
University of Arkansas Wellness
- UARK/UREC Wellness focuses on providing a comprehensive program promoting wellness and holistic health by engaging and empowering students, faculty, and staff through experiential academic and non-academic classes, coaching, and supportive services and activities.
- Students have access to FREE wellness coaching provided by certified wellness coaches. Wellness coaching is designed to help UARK students improve their lifestyle behaviors so that they are living well in a conscious and mindful way.
- Website: https://urec.uark.edu/wellness/
- Coaching Website: https://urec.uark.edu/wellness/wellness-coaching.php
- Coaching Request form: https://uark.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0MyZWbyZvadZgUZ
- University Recreation 479-575-4646
University of Arkansas Student Health Insurance
- The Student Health Insurance Policy is offered by Academic HealthPlans and is underwritten by United Healthcare Student Resources.
- The University of Arkansas Student Health Plan is a GOLD plan under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and is considered major medical coverage. The plan's benefits can be found at http://uark.myahpcare.com/benefits
- Website: https://health.uark.edu/billing-insurance/insurance.php
University of Arkansas Safety App (SafeZone)
- The campus safety app which includes an emergency button, non-emergency button, and medical assistance button. All buttons immediately notify UAPD of your location and requested assistance. Download the app for more information.
- Website: https://uapd.uark.edu/community-outreach-and-involvement/campus_safety_app.php
- The Community Clinic delivers easily accessible healthcare services to the residents of Washington and Benton Counties. The Community Clinic offers integrated behavioral healthcare at low costs.
- Website: https://www.communityclinicnwa.org/services/behavioral-health/
The Joshua Center
- The Joshua Center provides affordable counseling services for people struggling with individual and family concerns. They provide a low-cost option for therapy services with one of their graduate-level interns. Simply request an appointment at your office location preference on the website. You will receive an email from administrative staff. Respond back to that email with a request to meet with an intern. The Joshua Center should respond within 48 hours.
- Website: https://www.thejoshuacenter.com/
- Ozark Guidance is a private mental health care facility offering a sliding scale payment option for patients without insurance.
- Website: https://www.ozarkguidance.org/
Upcoming Wellness Wednesday Programs
Cocoa and convo sponsored by Helix Bar Review
Relax with a cup of cocoa, tea or flavored coffee for casual conversation
Mindfulness is the basic human ability to be fully present, aware of where we are and what we're doing, and not overly reactive or overwhelmed by what's going on around us. The UA Mindfulness teams will share ways to increase your mindfulness
Meet in the atrium for a scavenger hunt that will challenge your knowledge of the law school. Prizes for top 3 teams.
Nature Walk/Grow a Garden
Weather permitting, we will walk and learn about campus flora. Pick up a package of flower seeds to grow edible flowers.
Pamper yourself with your favorite scent of lip balm, bath bombs and lotions.
Card & Dominoes Party
Uno, dominoes, spades, etc. Let's see who the card sharps are.
Taste of Soul & Music
Join BLSA for its annual soul food supper while relaxing to R&B